Lamar (CSU)

“Legacy Inspires Mastery”
9’h x 5’w
This mixed media piece (handmade tile, wood tiles and acrylic paint on panel), was commissioned by the Colorado State Art in Public Places Program for the entryway of the Lamar community college horse training facility. The horse training program was originally started by local ranchers. The Lamar area was hard hit by the dust bowl era of the 1930’s. The community college was established and some of the early school buildings were among the first WPA (Works Progress Administration) public building projects in the state.